Counting Down to Africa: 2 days to go
In the last days before such a huge undertaking; what can go wrong will go wrong. We purchased our tickets weeks and weeks ago. Now, in trying to upgrade, we find that our tickets were booked by the America West Agent in the Reno airport incorrectly. How does that happen??? Tickets printed and everything. Seats assigned... Way to go team. British Air doesn't see in their computers that we have tickets but we have them in our hands. So off to the America West agent again (they have the ability to print Brit Air flights) yesterday TWICE. They printed the tickets WRONG again... wrong names, incorrect date to fly back... and then the Brit Air office was closed. CLOSED??? And let's see... we leave Sunday???
God is good. He has a plan. We'll get our butts in a seat on that flight out of Phoenix, don't doubt that!
Picked up the last medication for the trip, the malaria pills. The pharmacist says "oh, by the way, these can give you nightmares." Terrific: Anything else?
Then, of course, our fuel ran out in our heating system at home. At least Sean will have a full tank of fuel oil. Wouldn't want him to freeze (or the dogs and cat!!). : )
And to top it off, I can't upload a picture today... And I have done it before. I think someone doesn't want us to go????

2 Comments:
Just so you know.. it will all be worth it :)
They told me the same thing about the malaria meds. I never had a problem and I was on them for 6 months!
Oh, by the way, I am so jealous that you are going to my Kenya!
Love
What an awesome experience you guys! I can't wait for the updates. God IS good, and I am sure he will watch over you, but please be careful!
Love,
Sara
Post a Comment
<< Home